Wednesday, November 4, 2009

and it's only Wednesday!

It's been a rough week ( I know!  It's only Wednesday!).  I just feel myself getting very impatient and frustrated with tiny day-to-day things.  For example, just looking at my pile of laundry gets my blood pressure up.  Or the dishes, vacuuming, mopping, errands, etc.  Ay yi yi!

So, in an effort to maintain sanity around here, my dear hubby stayed home from work today to help me out and take care of me and my brain (and the kids too).  I am so grateful for his help and willingness to take care of us.  I don't even want to imagine what it would be like without him here.

Anyway, we finally worked out our insurance situation so I scheduled my first post-surgery MRI.  It will be on the morning of November 20th.  I'm looking forward to the MRI because I feel like we'll have some answers once it's done.  Also, we will be getting the results immediately after the MRI is complete, so no waiting around either.  It will be nice to have it behind us with either a positive ("see ya in 3 months for your next MRI") or negative ("we should begin radiation immediately") response because with so many unknowns, it's helpful to have at least one solid known.

I'll keep you all posted on how the MRI goes and the insurance hoops we have to jump through in regard to that.  Did you know that going to the hospital for an MRI is more expensive than going to a freestanding radiology office?  Therefore, I have to go to this freestanding place, then go to the hospital to have my results read.

Well nap time is almost up, so adios for now!  :)

5 comments:

alice said...

Great that you got your insurance worked out! What did you end up doing? Good luck with the MRI!

Sarah said...

I love your blogs. You will publish a book someday. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for good news on the 20th!

Ms. Joanna said...

How do the insurance hoops work? Are they on fire or at ridiculously tall heights? Did you have to go through the hoop and then through a pool filled with crocodiles? Was there any boat? I love the blog and I hope you keep it up.

HAYTHEM said...

What's up? Hope everything goes well with your MRI. You sound so busy, wish I could help out. Take care, Hope this blog helps you to remember to call me sometime :o) just kidding.
take care. give the family kisses for me.

mary said...

Ayisha, I love your blog. It's such an honest and unabashed account of your love for your family and the challenges you are facing. Thanks for sharing your journey. We'll be thinking of you on the 20th.Take care.