Friday, December 18, 2009

The 5K and other things

I received questions about the 5K and I want to address them on the blog!

First: The 5K is on May 22, 2010 and anyone can participate.  They welcome folks with strollers, wheelchairs, etc.

Second: Yes, I'm still brainstorming ways to get myself and the kiddos up to Chicago and I welcome any ideas!

Third: Part of my health regimen is to adopt a healthy lifestyle and with that comes losing weight.  Part of this program includes: walking; a low-fat, low-sugar, low-meat diet; and positive thinking.  Adam encouraged me to post information on my weight loss success.  So far, in the last 3 months, I've lost 28 pounds (of course December isn't over yet!!!).  I have done this by adopting the above lifestyle (to the best of my ability--nobody is perfect!).
So what, you may be asking, does this have to do with the 5K?  Well, training for a 5K (even just a walking 5K) can help YOU get into your best healthy lifestyle as well!  Right now I'm walking to build strength and little by little I've lost all the weight I've gained with being pregnant with Isaac and am working to continue my success.  I would love to see a team of folks work for the next 5 months to adopt THIER own healthy lifestyles and celebrate by running/walking a 5K (which also happens to benefit brain tumor research and support).
That is to say, ANYONE can participate (including Great Aunt Nancy, lol) and hopefully WILL participate.  Let's see if I can figure out a way to get up to Chicago!  :o)

2 comments:

IMS Teachers said...

I want to be part of the team!! Yeah! Go team! Seriously, I would like to accept the challenge of trying to live healthier for the next 5 months.

alice said...

MegaBus runs to Chicago from Cinci. If you could get to Cinci, you could take a cheap bus!

Let me see what our schedule works out to be. Maybe we can head up for that and give you a ride.

I do have to travel to Mich for a triathlon 2 weeks after that, so I'm not sure.

But tell you what I AM going to do for sure: You have inspired me to stick to better eating habits. You look great and if you can do it with your kids the ages they are, then I can do it, too. Starting Jan. 1, I'm going to do better!