Sunday, December 13, 2009

What do you think?

As a brain tumor mama, I naturally receive updates from the American Brain Tumor Association on a regular basis.  In my most recent ABTA update, I was informed that registration is now open for the annual  5K run/walk in Chicago.  I'm interested in getting a team together and participating but have some logistical issues.  Like, I don't live in Chicago.  I'm not even near Chicago.  I mean It's snowing there and it's sunny and 75 here (okay, only kidding about the weather, but still).  And I'm not technically supposed to drive.  And plane tickets are currently running at about $240 each (I'd need 2).  Tumor or no, my brain is still working away to come up with ideas.  Any suggestions?  Anyone want to participate with me and help me devise a plan to get me and Lilla and Isaac to Chicago?

6 comments:

LWT said...

Ummmm... YES! Perhaps someone is trying to tell you to move to Chicago ;)

HAYTHEM said...

5K, that would be awesome. Maybe you could sell some stuff on ebay for the cash. When will the marathon be?

The Blogger said...

The 5K is on May 22nd. The weekend before Memorial Day weekend. If it were Memorial Day weekend it could be doable with Adam.

So what are we selling on Ebay--are we talking like one of my kidneys or something?

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you think Great Aunt Nancy could get ready to do a 5K in Chicago by May 22, 2010???

The Blogger said...

LWT: If someone were telling me that I should move to Chicago, someone would have given me a job there! :o)

Anonymous: I think that Great Aunt Nancy (and anyone else for that matter!!!) could totally get ready for a 5K by May 22nd!!!

IMS Teachers said...

Hey, does it count if you are walking a 5K 15,000 miles away?