Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Brain Tumor Mamas and Papas

Yes!  Finally!  We have a 5K team and you, yes you, can start registering for the Path To Progress under team Brain Tumor Mamas and Papas.  Whew!  Picking the team name was the most difficult part of this entire venture!  Here were a few runners up:

Brain Hohls.
Tumor Busters.
I have a Hohl in my head, do you?
It's not a tumor.

I eventually settled with Brain Tumor Mamas and Papas as a nod to the blog and to the rock/folk group The Mamas and The Papas.  I feel a closeness to Mama Cass, who also suffered brain trauma much like myself.    Unfortunately, my vocal range has not changed as a result of my particular brain trauma, but I do feel my left brain getting stronger to make up for the right.

Okay, so we have a team.  Do you want to join?  Check out my page and click on "Join Team"!

http://hope.abta.org/site/TR/ABTAEvent/PathtoProgress?team_id=10370&pg=team&fr_id=1560

Can't make it, but want to help?  Check out my page and click on "Donate" in the upper left corner.  You can support an individual or the whole team.

Can't make it, don't have money, but still want to help?  Well, have I got a job for you!!!  Send me your encouragement along the way!  I'll share all encouraging words with the team to keep us motivated.  Oh!  And another job for you poor folks who can't make it: tell your friends!!  Maybe they want to participate or donate or encouragate?  Spread the word!

So excited about this!  Yay!!

1 comment:

HAYTHEM said...

Good name, I like the first and last ones on your "missed the cut" list, haha, "IT'S NOT A TUMAAA!!!"
anyway, will probably join the group during lunchtime today. I'm pretty psyched about the whole ordeal. Think I am going to try 2.25 miles today at the gym. Wish me luck.