Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy birthday Adam!

No matter how old, some things (and people) never change...


It is in fact Adam's birthday today!  He turns 27 and I'd like to publicly thank my in-laws for birthing him and raising him to be the delightful person he is today.  In honor of his birthday, I spent many hours on the internet searching for a HEALTHY cake recipe.  This was an incredibly difficult task.  Apparently cakes aren't supposed to be healthy???  BUT, after much perseverance I finally had some success.  **A tip for any of you wanting to attempt the "healthy" birthday cake.  Search for sugar free baby's first birthday cake.**

Boy oh boy did I find a winner (not just in a cake either!).  It is a carrot cake (which Adam loves) without refined flours or sugars!  Amazing!  The recipe can be found here:

The Fantabulous Whole Wheat Carrot Cake

And having already sampled some, I can say that it lives up to it's name: fantabulous!  Now, I'm not going to sit here and claim that I've found the missing link, okay?  The cake has honey, oil, eggs, and pineapple in it.  It is not like sitting and eating a bowl of spinach and brussel sprouts.  But, it is a nice alternative when you want a good sometimes treat.

Would you like a preview?


It is chilling in the fridge for now, waiting for the birthday festivities this evening.  Definitely more pictures to come soon!  :o)

No comments: