Sunday, March 28, 2010

Welcome, spring!

As I sit here listening to the sound of the lawn mower running, I can't help but feel excited about the upcoming months.  Our house is officially for sale.  Boxes are officially packed and in the garage.  Flowers are in bloom everywhere.  Spring break is officially a week away and I'm totally stoked for some much-needed rest and relaxation.

The camera cord has been located and our green smoothie is here in all it's green glory:


It's more of a dark pastel green than a bright grass green.  It's definitely not the mint green of a shamrock shake.  But it was very very tasty and very healthy.  Sweet and refreshing.

Remember how I posted that I lost 42 pounds?  Well, it's more like 43 pounds now--and it's because of choices like this.  It also makes me happy to know that we're giving good stuff to our kids--I'm hoping they never have to cope with battling cancer/obesity/diabetes/etc.

This week, we're planning to make pad thai.  I have never made this before (I'm not even sure if I've eaten it before) and I don't have a recipe--any suggestions?  I'm going to check out one of my favorite recipe sites www.recipezaar.com for ideas.

No comments: