Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What I'll miss-#1


One of the reasons I'm blogging is to have an online diary of my thoughts, emotions, and experiences.  As I mentioned in my last post, we sold our house.  This makes for some very hectic times ahead.  But aside from all of the stress of moving (you know--packing, arranging transportation, figuring out how to move 3 vehicles, selling things you don't want to take, etc.) there is also the emotional loss that comes with leaving a place.  Today, I want to talk about one of the things I will miss when we move.


A major attraction for us when we moved to Charlotte was the benefit of living so close to my grandparents.  Any time I had visited in the past there was always a 12 hour long drive to contend with.  It was exhausting!  But moving to Charlotte cut the drive time to a comparatively short 4 hours.  This made visits much more frequent.  In fact, we went this past weekend for a visit.  Such a great trip!  We went to the beach, we played mini-golf, got ice creams, played Euchre till all hours of the night, and had all sorts of shenanigans that can only be had with your grandparents.  ::sigh:: We'll miss being so close to people we love so much.



3 comments:

Nancy said...

Awww. How sweet. I hope they can get to your blog and see this.

alice said...

That is sad, but we are looking forward to being a 10 minute drive instead of a 12 hour drive!! If that makes you feel any better!

alice said...

Also, please let us know what we can do to help. I think David and Adam are coordinating some moving stuff, and we are in Portsmouth on your big moving weekend... but once you get here, let us know how we can help, even if it is only taking the kids in the evening so you can get some work done.

Also, we have about five bags of kids clothes and shoes for you all. We have been saving them for when you get here!