Thursday, July 29, 2010

One year later...

Before (for your sake, one of the less-graphic photos):


After:





Folks, it is amazing all of the things that can happen in a year.  A person can have brain surgery, change their diet, lose weight (53 lbs.!), participate in a 5K, move to another state, raise 2 children (and a husband!), read all 4 books of the Twilight series and more!

I have the support of YOU to thank for this!  If it weren't for Adam's love and kindness, I don't think I would have made it to where I am now.  And our parents came and took care of the kids and me (and they still are!).  And Aunt Susie brought us PRODUCE from Aunt Jeannie!  And Sarah helped us cut out meat from our diet.  And Laura listened to me talk and talk and talk.  And Cathy and Dan helped with the move.  And all of the countless letters, packages, emails, Facebook messages, blog comments, phone calls from everyone have strengthened me and reminded me that I am not alone.  Thanks guys--you rock!  I'm also grateful to God for all that is good in my life.  In Arabic, we say "alhumdulillah!"--praise be to God!

Goals for the next year?  Start yoga.  Refine eating habits (less sugar).  Get health insurance!  Slow tumor growth.  You know, the usual.  

4 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

WooHOOO!! Ayisha, you are basically a ROCKSTAR. I am honored to be your sister-in-law (which I had no choice about) and even more thrilled to be your friend. You are an inspiration for SO MANY reasons, and I aspire to be more like you! Here's to many more decades of health and happiness...

alice said...

Hear! Hear!

Ms. Joanna said...

May you have many more years with great mohawks.