Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More good news!



Wow!  What a week!  Last week I scheduled an appointment to meet with a radiation oncologist for a check up.  He immediately scheduled me for my routine MRI and BAM!  Before I knew it,  I had an MRI on Wednesday evening.  I visited my parents for the weekend and now here I am with MRI results!  According to the doc (who read the MRI while he was on the phone with me), all is well--stable--and looks the same as it did in March!  Yippee!  Hooray!!

Interestingly, after meeting with my new doctor, he recommended a different course of action should there be growth.  It seems that I will start with chemo if we see growth and then try radiation for any further tumor growth.  Whew!  That was pretty crazy for me to hear.  Chemotherapy makes me think of exhaustion and losing my hair and feeling weak.  This is weird because radiation causes all of those symptoms as well.  Oh well--it's not something I have to worry about now, thank God.

Next MRI is scheduled for mid-December.  I'll definitely write more about it as the time approaches.  For now, let's celebrate!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats! Such good news! And also, you and Adam look so young in that photo!! Young, fit, and HIP!

Ms. Joanna said...

HOOOOOORRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a great reason to enjoy a lovely sunset in the garden. Have a lovely September!

Aunt Nancy said...

Oh, what fantastic news!!! I'm so happy for you! What a great update:)

Paul said...

That's great news, thanks for keeping us updated and keeping up the fight!

alice said...

YAY!!! Awesome news! Glad you found a doc who is quick and responsive, too!

Sahar said...

Alhamdulila Im so happy for you and very proud of you and inshalah you will live long life so poeple can learn a lot from you..I love you my dear cousin..