Friday, September 24, 2010

Normal, again?

(me and my mom)

You all know how the holidays can be.  Wild, exciting, incredibly busy.  Well, two weeks ago, we celebrated the Islamic holiday, Eid, and we are finally settling into a sense of normal life after the whirlwind of activity that comes with the holidays!

Now, I've got a little bit of regularity in my days.  Our weekends are free again.  Things are calming to a nice quiet, steady hum.  I like where we are.

So what now?  Well, I'm making some attempt to study for the GRE.  I'm hoping that a Master's degree will bring me closer to a well-paying job.  I am practicing yoga!!!  I am taking a class at a local yoga studio and so far so good!  I will definitely devote some more blog posts to yoga practice and my fellow yogis.  I am taking the kids to the park a LOT while the weather is beautiful and the other day we went on a 4 mile walk as a family!  Whew!  

Do you hear that?  It's quiet, so you'll have to be very still to hear it.  Hmmmmm.....yes!  It's the gentle hum of my life finding a pace that is blissfully slow and content.  Ahhhh!

 (me and Isaac at Eid prayer)

3 comments:

Aunt Nancy said...

Nice pictures. If you want some fun,however, you can always visit Aunt Nancy! Glad to hear everything is going along nicely.

auntie M said...

we will be in cinci on Oct 2-4....can we get a sunday thing arranged? would love to see everyone....I did rent a car so I can get up that way
aunt Marianne

Paul said...

thanks for the post and pics