Thursday, September 2, 2010

Produce with Brain Tumors?!?



The other day, I was in the garden picking tomatoes when I spied an unusual looking tomato.  It was gorgeous and I could tell it had lots of personality--just by looking at it!!!  This is all because, upon further inspection, I could see that this tiny tomato had a BRAIN TUMOR!!!!


Okay, so you may argue that tomatoes don't technically have "brains", however, you will note that the tomato and I both share an unusual growth on the side of our heads.  I felt a particular affinity toward this tomato.  Maybe it has a family?  A future in teaching all of the tiny tomatoes all about mitosis or the Constitution or multiplication?  Well, when the tomato itself got nice and ripe, we had to pick it.  It made me feel a little sad.  So, we did a little photo shoot with our Brain Tumor Tomato to give it a proper send off.


How many tomatoes do YOU know that get this much adoration?  Well, eventually our little tomato had to hop with her little family into the pot, and after a little cooking and a few spices became a lovely sauce for our pasta.  But I can say without any doubt that it was the freshest and liveliest sauce I've ever tasted.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting we make a sauce out of you or are you saying that you are a saucy lady? What was the intended metaphor?