Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MRI News

Okay, folks, no one likes waiting, especially when it's something important (trust me, I know--we waited 1.5 hours today at the doctor's office for my results).  SO, I'm going to do this as quickly as possible.

We went to the doctor for my follow up appointment today and found out that my tumor has grown.  It has grown a fairly small amount (about 2 millimeters), but it is enough to cause concern for the doctor.  He is referring me to a neuro-oncologist so that I can start chemotherapy.  I am going to meet with the neuro-oncologist on Tuesday of next week and will learn more about it at that visit.

The doctor I met with today assured us that the tumor is "behaving itself" and that it is quite slow growing. We knew this day would come.  I was just hoping this day would come in 2030, not 2010.  I will post more after meeting with the new doctor AND I will dedicate a whole post to my AWESOME girls weekend in Chicago.

I just want to thank everyone again for your thoughts and prayers, phone calls and messages.  I know we'll get through this and be stronger on the other side.  :o)

6 comments:

Carrie U. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that the tumor has grown. You're in my continued prayers.

Julie @ Willow Bird Baking said...

Ayisha, I love you, girl. Praying for you. Please keep us posted.

Alyn said...

Oh Ayisha, I'm so sorry for this news. We will keep you in our thoughts. Your optimism and positivity are so inspiring... you're amazing!

alice said...

If anyone can beat back a tumor through sheer force of will, it will be you, Ayisha! (But I think you'll have more tools at your disposal than just your winning smile...) We're standing right beside you.

Sahar said...

Allah yehmeeki

Anonymous said...

Ayisha - I am so sorry to hear about your news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love, Bonnie