Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fundraising 2011

Okay, the shock of my brain tumor diagnosis has worn off.  The shock of chemotherapy and it's side effects has not yet started.  What does that mean?  Time to think about how to pay it forward!

One of my "resolutions" for this year is to make a big effort to raise funds for brain tumor research and support.  Last year, my 5K team was able to raise $440.  That was awesome and I cannot tell you how amazed I was at my team and donors.  But let me tell you, I think we can more than double that amount this year.

So, what I'm asking you to do right now is to fill out my survey (above).  Let me know your favorite way to participate.  Would you rather just give?  Or would you rather get involved with something tangible?  Let me know which direction I should go, so that I reach my fundraising goal this year.  Please fill out this form--even if you're in another state or another country.  I am just looking for what blog readers would like--even if they can't be present.

Thanks so much you guys!!!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love event planning!

I think it should also be educational--maybe a documentary about brain tumors, their types, and how they affect people: those with tumors and those who love those with tumors. You could screen the documentary on a big screen in the front yard over the summer, invite friends and family, eat popcorn, and have a silent auction too. Oh, if only you lived in Seattle I know lots of rich people who have nice things to donate and money to give to such a cause!! I only know poor people in Columbus and they are all related to me. :)

Tirzaahhh said...

This is very exciting!

LWT said...

Hmmm... I want to vote, but there's this weird advertisement for "Shabby Blogs" that won't move out of my way to click on the boxes. Of course, I totally support the idea of you guys coming to Chicago. How could I not?!

Big hug,
Laura :)

Aunt Nancy said...

Let me know where and when!!!