Monday, May 16, 2011

Success!

We braved the cold.  We braved the wind.  We braved the chemo treatment (okay, that was mostly me).  And we came out for our second year to the Path to Progress 5K in Chicago, IL.  5 kids in 4 strollers.  2 runners.  Lots of t-shirts.  And over $2700 for brain tumor research and patient support.  It was amazing!

Part of our 5K walking team
I can't tell you how humbled I am by the support I have received from friends, family, friends of family, and family of friends.  The notes, donations, and phone calls remind me of my support network and how wide it spans.  You guys rock!

Me with Isaac and Luke at the after party
The after party, hosted by Adam's cousin, Becca and my cousin, Dania was incredible!  We had food and fun and lots and lots of kids.  You couldn't find two better hostesses!

Ayisha sandwiched by Laura and Lilla
Have I convinced you to join us next year?  I hope so.  What if I promise warmer weather?  :o)  Okay, okay, I know I can't do that.  But I can promise fun, food, and t-shirts.  Lots and lots of t-shirts.

3 comments:

I-TECH said...

WOW! I cannot believe how much Isaac looks like ADAM in that picture! When did he get all that hair?!

Congrats to a great year! I would like to put it on my calendar for 2012.

XOXO!

I-TECH said...

By the way, this is Sarah, not I-TECH...Work has encroached on my life in ways I never thought possible!

LWT said...

YAAAAAY! Best team ever. Too bad you didn't post a picture of you in your team captain hat. I think your readers should have an opportunity to see you in your official role ;)

It was such a great day and I was SO happy to see you, my friend!!

Love you :)