Saturday, July 2, 2011

30 Before 30

On my half birthday, June 5th, I realized that I was only a mere 6 months away from turning the big 3-0.  I got a little introspective about it and was thinking about doing 30 exciting things before I turned 30.

Hmmm...

Exciting things?  Adam and I were feeling a little stumped.  It's difficult to come up with 30 exciting things on a budget.  That can also be accomplished in 6 months.

So, I decided to change my goal.  30 before 30!!  I am making it my goal to lose 30 pounds before I turn 30.  I think I can do it, but I need all the help I can get.  This means 5 pounds per month.  While I'm on chemo.  And vacationing.  And Thanksgiving.  And Eid.  And living my life.

Well, after a little less than a month, I'm already 4 pounds down.  I'm impressed, since 8 of those days were spent in food-heaven, Seattle.  And 4 of those days were spent with family in town for the 40th Anniversary party.  Now that things are settling down, I'm hoping to make some great strides.  I'll keep you posted on my progress and hopefully on my big 30th birthday, I'll be less-big.  :o)

No comments: