Friday, November 4, 2011

Chemo and MRI

I was supposed to go through chemo this weekend, but my doctor postponed it for next weekend after my MRI.  This makes me extremely happy because with the timing of things, I was going to have a chemo weekend ON MY BIRTHDAY next month!!!  Aaah!  Thankfully, I won't have to go through that!

Speaking of my birthday, as many of you know, I made a goal back in June to lose 30 before 30.  I liked the concept because it was catchy and because losing 30 would do me some good.  Well, here I am, 20 pounds down and well on my way to 30.  I have only 1 more month, and being the realistic gal that I am, I don't think I'm going to reach 30 before 30.

However, this does not bother me at all because I have discovered so many wonderful things along the way.  Thanks to my awesome health coach, Erica, I have set reasonable weekly goals for myself that have completely changed our family lifestyle!  I have taken on a very difficult task for a working mother of 2: I have decided to eat a minimum of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.  Now, this may not seem difficult, but after having actually tried to do it, it has proven itself a challenge.  It is my new lifestyle.  This means incorporating some fruits/vegetables into my snacks and/or breakfast so that my dinner doesn't become a feast of veggies.  We have been doing some awesome family-style workouts over the last 5 months.  Bike rides, walks, and yoga.  Nothing crazy, boring, out-of-my realm, or unreasonable.  The main component of these workouts was fun with Adam and the kiddos.  And now, I'm down 20 and I know that I will reach my goal of 30 soon.  Maybe not by the big day, but definitely soon after.  I'm thrilled.


2 comments:

alice said...

Way to go Ayisha! Thanks for the update!

Lulu said...

I missed this post somehow! That's awesome! Congrats & keep it up! :) xoxo