Sunday, November 27, 2011

Surprised!

Yes, I was completely surprised.

This was initially going to be a post about our trip to Indy last weekend or Thanksgiving or something else random in my life.

Instead, I am going to post my gratitude and amazed incredulity to all the loves in my life who got together to throw me the best 30th birthday surprise party EVER!!!!

Thanks to...

The delightfully merry chefs who worked hard into the wee hours of the night preparing the delicious feast!


Almost my ENTIRE family who came in from out of town to be there and in costume!!!  


My moms--who encouraged Adam in this venture and should have dressed up as saints for all of the hard work they put into the party!


My sister-in-law, Sarah and her partner in crime, James.  Slide-show/Party-planning queen and the Supervisor/Sampling king. 


Harriet Potter aka, Laura, who somehow managed to talk to me about twice a week without once spilling the beans about her super-stealthy plans!  Amazing!  P.S. Her birthday is on Tuesday!


And of course, my amazing family.  Adam, the man to whom the words "planning in advance" mean very little to, who managed to pull off the biggest, most incredible pre-planned surprise costume birthday party for his eternally grateful wife.  And my children, who, like me, were blissfully unaware of the party and patient with Dada as he planned the whole shindig while Mama was at work.


Finally, thanks to ALL of you who came, wanted to come, contributed stories or pictures or quotes or thoughts.  All of you who help remind me to be grateful for being able to wake up every day and get out and live my life!  Life is good!

No comments: