Thursday, January 26, 2012

Team Brain Tumor Mamas and Papas, 2012

Yes, my friends!  It is that time of year once again!

It is that time of the year when I form a team of my nearest and dearest to commit to walking or running (or both, as is the case of the most incredible ones) 3.1 miles in an effort to raise money and awareness for the American Brain Tumor Association.

In 2010, we bundled the babies and battled the chilly weather with our small but mighty force.  We successfully completed the 5k and b-b-qued with the best.


In 2011, we layered the little ones under piles of blankets and our slightly larger, yet mightier force was unstoppable.  We once again mastered the 5K and made a bee-line for the warmth of the indoors to celebrate our success.


In 2012, I'm hoping to work on my tan while leading my HUGE and very mighty team to a successful finish of the Breakthrough for Brain Tumors 5K Run/Walk (formerly known as Path to Progress).  I would love to have as many friends, family, friends of family, and family of friends to join me in Chicago on May 12 to walk or run in this 5K.

I think the tan part may be a little optimistic, but what counts is support from folks who would like to join me in raising awareness and money for this awesome organization.

If you are interested in joining my team, please visit my team page by clicking on this link.  All are welcome!

If you cannot join us, I understand.  However, a financial donation would be appreciated by clicking on THIS link.  If you would prefer to send a check or cash, feel free to mail it to me and I will make sure that all donations arrive safely to the American Brain Tumor Association to support our team.

And if none of the above are possible, please help by sending positive thoughts for good weather, good health, and good post-5K food!

1 comment:

John Hessey said...

It is very good post to read about brain tumor. Brain tumor is a big issue increasing at an alarming rate in the world. Thank you so much for such great post. I read so many post but this is containing on very valuable information. traumatic brain injury